Adjective clauses exercise
Point out the adjective clauses in the following sentences.
1. Mary had a little lamb whose fleece was as white as snow.
2. The house that we live in belongs to my grandfather.
3. The dog that barks does not bite.
4. This is the house that Jack built.
5. The woman you were talking about is my boss.
6. She married a rich businessman who was thirty years older than her.
7. He lived and died in the city where he was born.
8. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
9. He who laughs last laughs best.
10. That was the reason why he came late.
1. Whose fleece was as white as snow (modifies the noun lamb)
2. That we live in (modifies the noun house)
3. That barks (modifies the noun dog)
4. That jack built (modifies the noun house)
5. You were talking about (modifies the noun woman)
6. Who was thirty years older than her (modifies the noun businessman)
7. Where he was born (modifies the noun city)
8. Who live in glass houses (modifies the noun people)
9. Who laughs last (modifies the pronoun he)
10. Why he came late (modifies the noun reason)