Present tenses exercise
Fill in the blanks with appropriate verb forms in the present tense.
1. James ————————- all the biscuits.
b) Has eaten
c) Is eating
2. I ————————- him for a long time.
b) Am knowing
c) Have known
3. They —————————— the bridge for several months.
a) Have been building
b) Are building
4. I ———————— the soup to see if it needs more salt.
b) Am tasting
c) Have tasted
5. They ————————– lunch.
b) Are having
c) Have been having
6. I ———————— she is making a mistake.
b) Am thinking
c) Have thought
7. We ————————- here for ten years.
b) Have lived
c) Are living
8. If it ————————— we will get wet.
b) Is raining
c) Has rained
9. We ————————— to the theatre tonight. Are you coming with us?
a) Are going
c) Have gone
10. The universe ——————————, and has been since its beginning.
b) Is expanding
c) Has expanded
1. James has eaten all the biscuits.
2. I have known him for a long time.
3. They have been building the bridge for several months.
4. I am tasting the soup to see if it needs more salt.
5. They are having lunch.
6. I think she is making a mistake.
7. We have lived here for ten years.
8. If it rains we will get wet.
9. We are going to the theatre tonight. Are you coming with us?
10. The universe is expanding, and has been since its beginning.