TOEFL Grammar Test
Fill in the blanks with appropriate forms of the verb.
1. I could not meet him because he ———————- out before I arrived.
a) had gone b) went c) goes has gone
2. This ———————- on for a long time.
a) had been going b) has gone c) was going d) is going
3. When I ——————— to London, I will see him.
a) go b) went c) goes d) have gone
4. If I ——————— this, I would have done wrong.
a) had done b) would have done c) would do d) have done
5. I ———————– for a walk yesterday.
a) go b) went c) had been d) would go
6. The rebels ————————- the monarch’s head.
a) cut b) cut off c) cut down d) cut into
7. I ———————– him to go.
a) said to b) told c) say to d) told to
8. He ———————— to swim.
a) knows b) know c) knows how d) know how
9. He —————————– his bicycle.
a) got down b) got off c) got down from d) got of
10. He took —————————– his shoes.
a) out b) off c) of d) from
1. I could not meet him because he had gone out before I arrived.
2. This had been going on for a long time.
3. When I go to London, I will see him.
4. If I had done this I would have done wrong.
5. I went for a walk yesterday.
6. The rebels cut off the monarch’s head.
7. I told him to go.
8. He knows how to swim.
9. He got off his bicycle.
10. He took off his shoes.