June 30th, 2010 in English for children
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb.
1. I waited for him until he —————–.
c) had come
d) will come
2. As long as the rain ————–, we stayed at home.
c) had continued
d) will continue
3. He ran as quickly as he —————–
4. They sold the house because it ————– old.
5. He was so tired that he —————- scarcely stand.
6. He ran because he ————— in a hurry.
7. He made such a noise that I —————- not work.
8.After the rain ———— over, the sun shone out again.
c) will be
9. His health has improved since he —————- to the hills.
b) would return
d) had returned
10. He ran away because he ———— that he would be caught.
c) was feared
d) would fear
11. Answer the first question before you ————— further.
a) will proceed
c) would proceed
12. Just as he ————– the room, the clock struck.
c) would enter
d) will enter