July 5th, 2014 in English Learning
Rewrite the following sentences correctly.
Each sentence given below contains one or more mistakes. Correct the mistakes and rewrite the sentences.
1. She was carrying too many luggages.
2. I got some interesting informations from him.
3. She is more richer than her neighbors.
4. Your that cat has drunk all the milk.
5. Mathew is best player in the team.
6. Who’s bag is this?
7. We watched a movie yesterday. Movie was very good.
8. This computer costed me $500.
9. Rohan and Sania likes to play in the park.
10. He boldly swimmed across the river.
1. She was carrying too much luggage. (Luggage is uncountable. It does not have a plural form. Also it cannot be used with the quantifier many.)
2. I got some interesting information from him. (Information is uncountable. It does not have a plural form.)
3. She is richer than her neighbors.
4. That cat of yours has drunk all the milk. (We cannot put an article and a possessive together. If we have to we use an expression with of.)
5. Mathew is the best player in the team. (Superlative adjectives take the article ‘the’ with them.)
6. Whose bag is this? (Who’s is the contracted form of who is or who has.)
7. We watched a movie yesterday. The movie was very good.
8. This computer cost me $500.
9. Rohan and Sania like to play in the park. (Two singular nouns connected by and require a plural verb.)
10. He boldly swam across the river. (Swim is an irregular verb. It forms its past and past participle forms by changing an inner vowel.)