July 28th, 2014 in English Learning
In each of the following sentences replace the words in italics by suitable noun clauses.
1. No one can guess the time of his arrival.
2. I predict a change in the weather.
3. I heard of his success.
4. Nobody knows the reason of his failure.
5. The jury believed the man guilty.
6. The doctors expect an improvement in his health.
7. I know him to be trustworthy.
8. He confessed his guilt.
9. I hope to be there in time.
10. He is confident of winning the match.
11. He seems to be a spy.
12. His arrival was totally unexpected.
1. No one can guess when he will arrive.
2. I predict that the weather will change.
3. I heard that he has succeeded.
4. Nobody knows why he failed.
5. The jury believed that the man was guilty.
6. The doctors expect that his health will improve.
7. I know that he is trustworthy.
8. He confessed that he was guilty.
9. I hope that I will be there in time.
10. He is confident that he will win the match.
11. It seems that he is a spy.
12. No one expected that he would arrive.