August 31st, 2014 in Improve English
Use the words given in the brackets in the proper place and rewrite the sentence.
An example is given below.
The postman has been. (already)
The postman has already been.
1. Enough lives have been destroyed. (already)
2. The train has arrived. (just)
3. Have you been to the US? (ever)
4. He is late for work. (never)
5. There was almost nothing in the box. (hardly)
6. The movie was good. (fairly)
7. The journey was pleasant. (rather)
8. She can speak Hindi fluently. (quite)
9. It is foolish of you to say that. (quite)
10. The buses are late. (often)
11. Haven’t you paid the fees? (yet)
12. I buy foreign magazines. (often)
13. The boys have seen a lion. (never)
14. He visits his parents. (seldom)
15. The train arrives on time. (never)
1. Enough lives have already been destroyed.
2. The train has just arrived.
3. Have you ever been to the US?
4. He is never late for work.
5. There was hardly anything in the box.
6. The movie was fairly good.
7. The journey was rather pleasant.
8. She can speak Hindi quite fluently.
9. It is quite foolish of you to say that.
10. The buses are often late.
11. Haven’t you paid the fees yet?
12. I often buy foreign magazines.
13. The boys have never seen a lion.
14. He seldom visits his parents.
15. The train never arrives on time.