To suggest that you and the person you are talking to can do something use the phrase Why don’t we…?
- Why don’t we get that car repaired?
- Why don’t we give them their dues?
- Why don’t we do something about that letter from the tax people?
- Why don’t we buy some new furniture?
- Why don’t we postpone the meeting?
- Why don’t we seek expert advice?
- Why don’t we buy some flowers for mom?
- Why don’t we play a game of chess?
- Why don’t we make another attempt?
To suggest that somebody should do something, use Why don’t you…?
- Why don’t you apply for that job?
- Why don’t you tell her that you love her?
- Why don’t you go on a diet?
- Why don’t you consult a doctor?
- Why don’t you discuss your problems with your boss?
Another way of making suggestions to your friends and people at work is to use the phrase We could…
- We could hold a party in our farmhouse.
- We could ask Ram to join us.
- We could consult a specialist.
- We could ask them to help.
- We could meet at the restaurant.
- We could go for a walk.
- We could watch a movie.
If you want to do something with your friends or people you work with, use Let’s…
- Let’s invite our friends.
- Let’s stay a bit longer.
- Let’s eat out tonight.
- Let’s go for a walk.
Use Shall we…? to make a suggestion and see if other people agree with you.
- Shall we order a pizza?
- Shall we invite them to our party?
- Shall we go for a drive?