Subject And Predicate Exercise
Separate the subject and the predicate in the following sentences.
1. My father and I are going to school.
2. Rahul is my best friend.
3. Sarah has got an Alsatian dog.
4. Birds live in nests.
5. I am waiting for my brother.
6. Time and tide waits for none.
7. A stitch in time saves nine.
8. The teacher praised the student.
9. Rani is playing with her puppy.
10. The dog barked at the stranger.
11. The foolish lion jumped into the pond.
12. You should not have done this to me.
13. The poor man thanked the girl for her kindness.
1. My father and I (subject) / are going to school (predicate).
2. Rahul (subject) / is my best friend (predicate).
3. Sarah (subject) / has got an Alsatian dog (predicate).
4. Birds (subject) / live in nests (predicate).
5. I (subject) / am waiting for my brother (predicate).
6. Time and tide (subject) / waits for none (predicate).
7. A stitch in time (subject) / saves nine (predicate).
8. The teacher (subject) / praised the student (predicate).
9. Rani (subject) / is playing with her puppy (predicate).
10. The dog (subject) / barked at the stranger (predicate).
11. The foolish lion (subject) / jumped into the pond (predicate).
12. You (subject) / should not have done this to me (predicate).
13. The poor man (subject) / thanked the girl for her kindness (predicate).