Change the Degrees of Comparison
Change the degree of comparison without changing the meaning.
1. Malacca is the oldest town in Malaysia.
2. Peter is cleverer than any other boy in the class.
3. Jupiter is the biggest of all planets.
4. Very few boys are as industrious as John.
5. India is the largest democracy in the world.
6. Shakespeare was greater than any other playwright.
7. Asoka was one of the greatest Indian kings.
8. Greenland is the largest island in the world.
9. Lead is heavier than any other metal.
10. Very few animals are as useful as the cow.
1. No other town in Malaysia is as old as Malacca. (Positive)
Malacca is older than any other town in Malaysia. (Comparative)
2. No other boy in the class is as clever as Peter. (Positive)
Peter is the cleverest boy in the class. (Superlative)
3. Jupiter is bigger than any other planet. (Comparative)
No other planet is as big as Jupiter. (Positive)
4. John is more industrious than most other boys. (Comparative)
John is one of the most industrious boys. (Superlative)
5. India is larger than any other democracy in the world. (Comparative)
No other democracy in the world is as large as India. (Positive)
6. No other playwright is as great as Shakespeare. (Positive)
Shakespeare is the greatest of all playwrights. (Superlative)
7. Very few Indian kings were as great as Asoka. (Positive)
Asoka was greater than most other Indian kings. (Comparative)
8. No other island in the world is as large as Greenland. (Positive)
Greenland is larger than any other island in the world. (Comparative)
9. No other metal is as heavy as lead. (Positive)
Lead is the heaviest of all metals. (Superlative)
10. The cow is more useful than most other animals. (Comparative)
The cow is one of the most useful animals. (Superlative)