Gap Fills Exercise
Fill in the blanks with an appropriate word or phrase.
1. She asked him to ————– his tongue.
2. The hoarders and black marketers deserve —————– punishment.
3. His blindness is —————-
d) none of these
4. He was —————— by her beauty.
5. The visitor was given a ——————– welcome.
6. Please convey my —————– to your brother.
7. I shall tell you something, but keep it —————
8. This practice does not —————- to the rules laid down by the council.
1. She asked him to bridle his tongue.
2. The hoarders and black marketers deserve corporal punishment.
3. His blindness is congenital.
4. He was captivated by her beauty.
5. The visitor was given a ceremonious welcome.
6. Please convey my compliments to your brother.
7. I shall tell you something, but keep it confidential.
8. This practice does not conform to the rules laid down by the council.