Rewrite Sentences Part I
Rewrite the following sentences, substituting the verb form for the words given in bold letters.
1. The manager sent no reply for a few days.
2. He accepted all of our proposals.
3. His story did not give me any amusement.
4. It is my belief that he does not mean what he says.
5. The cost of this bag is $10.
6. No invitation was sent to the Mayor.
7. I don’t think that he will be successful in his attempts.
1. The manager didn’t reply for a few days.
2. He accepted all that we proposed.
3. His story didn’t amuse me.
4. I don’t believe that he means what he says.
5. This bag costs $10.
6. The Mayor was not invited.
7. I don’t think that he will succeed in his attempts.
Rewrite the following sentences using the adjective form of the words italicized.
1. He succeeded in his attempt.
2. Fortunately we were well-armed to fight the enemy.
3. Francis Bacon was a man of remarkable industry and intelligence.
4. He takes much pride in his looks.
5. In all probability the meeting will take place today.
6. You can easily get the job if you try.
7. He who shuns labor cannot prosper.
1. He was successful in his attempt.
2. It was fortunate that we were well-armed to fight the enemy.
3. Francis Bacon was remarkably industrious and intelligent.
4. He is very proud of his looks.
5. It is probable that the meeting will take place today.
6. It is easy to get the job if you try.
7. He who shuns labor cannot be prosperous.