Making Suggestions In English
One of the easiest ways to make a suggestion in English is to use the expression We could.
- We could go to the park.
- We could ask Ravi.
- We could call the police.
- We could watch a movie, if you like.
- We could go for a walk, if you like.
- We could wait for a little longer.
If you really want to do something, use the expression Let’s …
- Let’s watch a movie.
- Let’s get some rest.
- Let’s buy something to eat.
- Let’s take a cab.
- Let’s try again.
- Let’s wait for another hour.
- Let’s call it a day.
Shall we…? is another expression you can use.
- Shall we invite Madhu?
- Shall we wait for them?
- Shall we complain to the police?
- Shall we call the police?
- Shall we hire a plumber?
If you already have an idea about what you want to do, you can use the expression ‘What about…?’
- What about watching a movie?
- What about going for a walk?
- What about buying a drink?
- What about inviting James to dinner?
- What about making another attempt?
- What about spending the night in a hotel?
Make sure that you are using an ing form after what about…?