Fill in the blanks with appropriate tense forms of the verb.
1. It ————————— since morning.
a) Is raining
b) Was raining
c) Has been raining
2. I ———————— answer the letter tonight.
b) Will be
3. I —————————- before he arrived.
a) Had finished
b) Would finish
c) Have finished
4. He ————————– little pride in his work.
c) Was taking
5. It is time we ————————–
b) Had gone
c) Will leave
6. I will write to her when I ———————– time.
b) Will have
7. He told me that he —————————- his work.
b) Had finished
c) Will finish
8. I would rather you ———————— till tomorrow.
c) Will stay
9. I wish I ———————— French.
c) Had spoken
10. The sun ————————– in the east.
1. It has been raining since morning.
2. I will answer the letter tonight.
3. I had finished before he arrived.
4. He takes little pride in his work.
5. It is time we left.
6. I will write to her when I have time.
7. He told me that he had finished his work.
8. I would rather you stayed till tomorrow.
9. I wish I spoke French.
10. The sun rises in the east.