Change declarative sentences into exclamatory sentences
Change the following declarative sentences into exclamatory sentences.
A declarative sentence merely makes a statement. You can change it into an exclamatory sentence using a structure with what or how.
Use ‘what a/an’ before an adjective + noun. Use ‘how’ before an adjective without a noun.
1. He is very obedient.
2. New York is a very big city.
3. You sing very well.
4. It was a splendid performance.
5. He is very brave.
6. You are very fortunate.
7. She is a brilliant actor.
8. You are very kind.
9. Iron is very useful.
10. Sophia is a gorgeous young lady.
11. You have a lovely smile.
12. He is very generous.
13. She is very knowledgeable.
14. It was a pleasant surprise.
15. Gold is very precious.
16. He is a very intelligent boy.
1. How obedient he is!
2. What a big city New York is!
3. How well you sing!
4. What a splendid performance it was!
5. How brave he is!
6. How fortunate you are!
7. What a brilliant actor she is!
8. How kind you are!
9. How useful iron is!
10. What a gorgeous young lady Sophia is!
11. What a lovely smile you have!
12. How generous he is!
13. How knowledgeable she is!
14. What a pleasant surprise it was!
15. How precious gold is!
16. What an intelligent boy he is!