Passive voice exercise
Change the following active sentences into passive.
1. The teacher praised the boy.
2. The noise frightened the horse.
3. George Stephenson built the first railway.
4. The boy’s work impressed the teacher.
5. His friends took him to the hospital.
6. The earthquake destroyed the town.
7. Spectators thronged the streets.
8. Nelson defeated the French fleet.
9. You cannot pump the ocean dry.
10. Everyone will blame us.
11. A speeding car knocked down the child.
12. He told me to leave the room.
13. They named the boy Christopher.
14. They refused him admittance.
1. The boy was praised by the teacher.
2. The horse was frightened by the noise.
3. The first railway was built by George Stephenson.
4. The teacher was impressed by the boy’s work.
5. He was taken to the hospital by his friends.
6. The town was destroyed by the earthquake.
7. The streets were thronged by spectators.
8. The French fleet was defeated by Nelson.
9. The ocean cannot be pumped dry.
10. We will be blamed by everyone.
11. The child was knocked down by a speeding car.
12. I was told to leave the room.
13. The boy was named Christopher.
14. He was refused admittance.