Talking about hobbies
When we meet people we often ask about their likes and dislikes. Here are some general questions to ask. .
Asking for information
- Do you have a hobby?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Is there anything that you would like to do in your free time?
- What do you like doing in your free time?
- Have you got a lot of friends?
- What do you do on weekends?
- Do you like to hang out with your friends?
Sports and games
- Can you play tennis / football / cricket / etc.?
- Do you like cricket/ football?
- Are you good at tennis / cricket / football?
- Do you practice tennis / cricket every day?
- Do you enjoy playing tennis / badminton / hockey / etc.?
- How long have you been playing tennis / football / etc.?
- Who do you play tennis / football with?
Books and reading
- Do you like reading?
- Who is your favourite writer?
- What kinds of books do you enjoy reading?
Television, films, music, dance
- Do you watch films? Who is your favourite actor?
- What is your favourite TV program?
- What kind of films do you enjoy?
- Do you like classical music?
- Can you sing / dance?