Traveling | Asking for information
At the tourist information office
The phrases and expressions given in this lesson will be useful to you when you are at a tourist information office.
- We’re looking for accommodation.
- Are there any lodges near here?
- We need somewhere to stay.
- Do you have a list of affordable hotels in the city?
- Do you have a map of the city?
Events and activities
- What are you interested in?
- I’d like to see the monuments in the city. Have you got a map of them?
- I’m interested in shopping. Where is the main shopping area?
- Are there any exhibitions / programs / events on at the moment?
- Do you have any brochures on the local attractions?
- Can you recommend a good south Indian restaurant?
Phrases for various types of travel
Here are some general phrases useful for various types of travel.
- Where’s the ticket office / railway station / bus station / airport?
- Where do I get the bus to Chennai from?
- What time is the next bus to Birmingham?
- This train has been cancelled.
- The flight has been delayed.
- What time does the train arrive?
- What time do we arrive?
- Do you suffer from motion sickness? / Do you ever get travel sick?
- What time does the train depart?
- How long does the journey take?
- Enjoy your stay!
- Have a nice journey!
- Enjoy your trip!
- Have a pleasant stay!