Combine the following sentences using appropriate conjunctions.
1. Maria worked very hard. She got the first prize. (so / but / yet)
2. Shyam was promoted. He was very hard working. (so / because / and)
3. Mira was tired. She had been working for a long time. (so / and / because)
4. He did not get the job. He lacked the qualifications. (because / so / and)
5. The teacher entered the classroom. The students got up. (when / because / though)
6. You will get the prize. You must work hard. (though / if / even if) (Express condition)
7. I told you not to repeat the offence. You have done it again. (though / because /as)
8. You won’t go wrong. You follow my instructions. (if / because / though) (Express condition)
9. She went to the market. She bought some vegetables. (but / and / or)
10. I opened the window. The cat jumped out. (when / though / if)
1. Maria worked very hard so she got the first prize.
2. Shyam was promoted because he was very hard working.
3. Mira was tired because she had been working for a long time.
4. He did not get the job because he lacked the qualifications.
5. When the teacher entered the classroom, the students got up.
6. You will get the prize if you work hard.
7. Though I told you not to repeat the offence, you have done it again.
8. You won’t go wrong if you follow my instructions.
9. She went to the market and bought some vegetables.
10. When I opened the window, the cat jumped out.