Direct and indirect speech exercise
Sentences are given in the direct speech. Change them into the indirect speech.
1. Seema said to me, ‘Where do you live?’
2. He said to me, ‘Please help me.’
3. He said to me, ‘Will you have time to do it.’
4. John said to me, ‘I may leave tomorrow.’
5. Kiran said, ‘I didn’t steal the pen.’
6. Vishwas said, ‘I am going.’
7. He told her, ‘I will pass the test.’
8. Shakespeare said, ‘All the world is a stage.’
9. He said to them, ‘Go away.’
10. He says, ‘I have invited them.’
11. Surabhi said, ‘I like to read.’
12. Rahul said to me, ‘Where are you going?’
1. Seema asked me where I lived.
2. He requested me to help him.
3. He asked me if I would have time to do it.
4. John told me that he might leave the next day.
5. Kiran said that she hadn’t stolen the pen.
6. Vishwas said that he was going.
7. He told her that he would pass the test.
8. Shakespeare said that all the world is/was a stage.
9. He asked them to go away. / He told them to go away. / He ordered them to go away.
10. He says that he has invited them.
11. Surabhi said that she liked to read.
12. Rahul asked me where I was going.