Gap Fills Exercise
In the following questions sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word. Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the best alternative.
1. The man who wins is the man who thinks he —————
2. Jayaprakash Narayan was one of the ——————– freedom fighters who adhered to Gandhian values till the end of his life.
3. Such was his personality that he commanded respect both from his admirers and ————-.
4. JP was —————– in launching the people’s movement in the country.
5. By honouring JP with Bharat Ratna, the nation has indeed ————— his great services.
6. Apart from political leaders and high profile social activists, there are many ————- heroes quietly working towards the realization of their aspirations.
7. Productive employment is the only —————– solution to poverty in any country.
8. A frustrated person is a —————- threat to social order and harmony.
9. It is a pity that instead of being —————- of students’ causes, most of the student organizations in our country have become poor xerox copies of their parent political parties.
10. It is essential that our students understand the true nature and —————– of the unemployment problem.