General grammar exercise
Do as directed.
1. Alice writes plays for the television. (Change into negative)
2. Her father had died, leaving her a large estate. (Identity the verb and state its tense)
3. He was very happy to win the first prize. (Change into exclamatory sentence)
4. Thus …………………… story that could have ended in ……………………… tragic manner ended happily. (Insert appropriate articles)
5. portia too was glad to marry bassanio (Rewrite the sentence with appropriate punctuation marks)
6. They made a lot of profit. (Change the voice)
7. Each casket had something written on it. (Underline the adjective and state its kind)
8. Give the adjective forms of
9. Give the verb forms of
1. Alice does not write plays for the television.
2. Her father had died, leaving her a large estate. (Past perfect tense)
3. How happy he was to win the first prize!
4. Thus the story that could have ended in a tragic manner ended happily.
5. Portia, too, was glad to marry Bassanio.
6. A lot of profit was made by them.
7. Each casket had something written on it. (Distributive adjective)
8. Adjective forms of
a) possibility – possible
b) desire – desirable
c) money – monetary
d) blood – bloody
e) agreement – agreeable
9. The verb forms of
a) orchestra – orchestrate
b) simple – simplify
c) agreement – agree