Make meaningful sentences
Make meaningful sentences using the words given in each set. Put the verbs in correct form so that the sense of each item is not disturbed.
1. be bombed / the war / the castle / heavily / during
2. we / all the scraps / that / to throw away / gave / to the geese / were ready
3. read / in the paper / the burglar / I / that / caught / had been
4. at a thousand / the mountain / flying / I / feet / could see / clearly
5. uncertain / I am / to bring / leave / I / for France / what / when
6. glass bottomed boat / could see / of fish / cruising / many kinds / in the / we
7. to eat / left / she / on the counter / the bread / too hard / that was
8. the feeling / experienced / ever / have you / going mad / that / you were
9. work / on / we / expect / to / the / first Saturday / every month / of / you
1. The castle was heavily bombed during the war.
2. We gave all the scraps that were ready to throw away to the geese.
3. I read in the paper that the burglar had been caught.
4. Flying at a thousand feet I could clearly see the mountain.
5. I am uncertain what to bring when I leave for France.
6. Cruising in the glass bottomed boat we could see many kinds of fish.
7. She left the bread that was too hard to eat on the counter.
8. Have you ever experienced the feeling that you were going mad?
9. We expect you to work on the first Saturday of every month.