Nouns and Pronouns Quiz
Fill in the blanks with suitable verbs or pronouns.
1. She is one of the best writers that ————- ever lived.
2. Tyranny is one of those evils which ————- to perpetuate ————
a) tends; itself
b) tend; themselves
3. You are not the first man that ————- been deceived by appearances.
4. One of his many good traits that ————- to my mind is his modesty.
5. Treasure Island is one of the best pirate stories that ——— ever written.
6. This is one of the songs that ————- most popular among youngsters.
7. This is the only one of his stories that ————— worth reading.
8. There is really no difference between you and —————
9. I am not one of those who believe everything ————— hear.
10. There is Mr Samuel ————- they say is the best painter in the town.
2. tend; themselves
8. him (After a preposition (between) we use a pronoun in the object form.)
10.who (Here we use who because it is the subject of the relative clause ‘who is the best painter in the town’.)