Past or past participle exercise
Fill in the blanks with past or past participle form of the verb given in the brackets.
1. The story is tediously ————————– out. (spin)
2. He was ————————- for an advocate. (mean)
3. I was ————————– away by an impulse. (bear)
4. It has ————————– the test of time. (stand)
5. He has ————————– his ribs. (break)
6. Walking through the jungle, he ————————– on a snake. (tread)
7. The explorers were —————————— to death. (freeze)
8. He was accidentally ——————————- in the arm. (shoot)
9. The wind ————————– the leaves away. (sweep)
10. He was ————————— by his old friends. (forsake)
1. The story is tediously spun out.
2. He was meant for an advocate.
3. I was borne away by an impulse.
4. It has stood the test of time.
5. He has broken his ribs.
6. Walking through the jungle, he trod on a snake.
7. The explorers were frozen to death.
8. He was accidentally shot in the arm.
9. The wind swept the leaves away.
10. He was forsaken by his old friends.