Sentence synthesis exercise
Combine the given sentences using the word given in the brackets.
1. I bought some mangoes yesterday. They were very sweet. (which)
2. As the weather was fine, we went out for a walk. (use ‘being’ instead of ‘was’)
3. It is very hot. I can’t go out now. (too)
4. Peter did not work hard. So he failed the test. (if)
5. Both the students are intelligent. They are good too. (as well as)
6. Sam was suffering from fever. He could not attend the class. (as)
7. He worked very hard. Yet he failed. (despite)
8. He is honest. Everybody respects him. (since)
9. He is very ill. The doctors do not expect him to survive. (so…that)
10. Every time he saw a dog, he threw stones at it. (whenever)
1. The mangoes which I bought yesterday were very sweet.
2. The weather being fine, we went out for a walk.
3. It is too hot to go out now.
4. If Peter worked hard, he would not fail the test.
5. Both the students are intelligent as well as good.
6. As Sam was suffering from fever, he could not attend the class.
7. Despite his hard work, he failed.
8. Since he is honest, everybody respects him.
9. He is so ill that the doctors do not expect him to survive.
10. Whenever he saw a dog, he threw stones at it.