August 10th, 2010 in English Quiz
Fill in the blanks using the correct alternative.
1. I don’t think I ——————- be able to go.
2. He —————— not pay unless he is asked to.
3. You —————— be honest.
4. ——————– I help you?
5. ——————– you please help me with my home work?
6. You ——————— to pay your debts.
7. If you ——————– see her, give her my love.
8. I ——————— him, so I sent him a letter.
a) needn’t to see
b) needn’t have seen
c) didn’t need to see
9. —————– you direct me to the manager’s cabin?
10. I ——————– to be an atheist, but now I believe in God.
11. ——————- you like another cup of coffee?
12. You ———————- for me. I could have reached there on my own.
a) couldn’t have waited
b) needn’t have waited
c) didn’t need to wait.
1. a) will
2. a) will
3. a) should
4. c) shall
5. b) would
6. a) ought
7. b) should
8. c) didn’t need to see
9. c) could
10. a) used
11. a) would
12. b) needn’t have waited