Fill in the blanks with suitable pronouns. Each question is followed by four suggested answers. Choose the most appropriate one.
1. One should not waste ————— time.
2.Here is my glass. Please ————–
b) fill it
c) fill them
d) fill this
3. Have you a pen? I haven’t ————
b) got it
c) got one
d) got this
4. Is she coming with you? Yes, I ————-
b) think so
c) think that
d) think like
5. We ————– during the holidays.
b) enjoyed ourself
c) enjoyed ourselves
d) enjoyed themselves
6. I asked for my book, but he didn’t ————- to me.
c) give it
d) give those
7. Who did this? ————
8. The teacher tested the students to see if —————- could read
9. None of ———– has seen him.
10. People starve when ————– have no money.
1. one’s (One when used in a sentence should be used throughout.)
2. fill it (Fill is a transitive verb. All transitive verbs need an expressed subject.)
3. got one
4. think so
5. enjoyed ourselves (Enjoy is a transitive verb. All transitive verbs need an object.)
6. give it
7. I (myself)