April 5th, 2012 in English Quiz
The sentences given below contain one or more grammatical errors. Rewrite them correctly.
1. Do you want that I get you some coffee?
2. Would you want some help?
3. I look forward to hear from you.
4. We will have to wait that the dinner is ready.
5. I want you my wife.
6. Mother suggested to consult a doctor.
7. She switched off it.
8. Can you explain me this theory?
9. It is not very easy to stop to smoke.
10. We all want that you are happy.
1. Do you want me to get you some coffee? (Want cannot be followed by a that-clause.)
2. Would you like some help? (Want is not used in polite offers.)
3. I look forward to hearing from you. (Look forward to should be followed by an –ing form.)
4. We will have to wait for the dinner to be ready.
5. I want you to be my wife.
6. Mother suggested consulting a doctor. OR Mother suggested that I should consult a doctor. (Suggest cannot be followed by a to-infinitive.)
7. She switched it off. (A separable phrasal verb must be separated when the object is a pronoun.)
8. Can you explain this theory to me? (We cannot use the structure indirect object + direct object after explain.)
9. It is not very easy to stop smoking.
10. We all want you to be happy.