December 14th, 2011 in Improve English
Change the following into direct speech.
1. The peasant told the youth that the weather was stormy and the way was long.
2. They asked me whether I would like to go with them.
3. He asked me whether I really thought that he could be so foolish.
4. He asked me whether I should teach him how to drive.
5. The old inhabitants of the village said that they had never known anyone cross the mountains in snow so deep.
6. My father told me that he would give me a watch on my birthday.
7. Alexander begged his royal father to let him ride on the horse.
1. The peasant said to the youth, ‘The weather is stormy and the way is long.’
2. They said to me, ‘Would you like to come with us?’
3. He said to me, ‘Do you really think that I can be so foolish?’
4. He said to me, ‘Should I teach you how to drive?’
5. The old inhabitants of the village said, ‘We have never known anyone cross the mountains in snow so deep.’
6. My father said to me, ‘I will give you a watch on your birthday.’
7. Alexander said to his royal father, ‘Dad, please let me ride on the horse.’