March 19th, 2010 in English Quiz
1. The cat was hiding ———————- the bed.
2. She sat —————— her children.
3. Are you still ——————— the same address?
4. It is very hot ——————— the center of the earth.
5. The plane stopped for an hour ———————- New York.
6. Sorry, I couldn’t come yesterday – I was ——————- the theatre.
7. The cat fell ———————– the well.
a) On to
8. London is ——————– the Thames.
9. There aren’t many mangoes ——————– the tree this year.
10. He asked the boy to stop throwing stones ——————— the cat.
2. Among (We use between to talk about two people or things. We use among to talk about more than two people or things.)
3. At (We generally use at to talk about addresses.)
4. At (We use at to talk about position at a point.)
8. On (We use on for position by a lake, river or sea.)
9. On (= attached to)