Prepositions Quiz VI
March 2nd, 2010 in English Quiz
Fill in the blanks with appropriate prepositions.
1. A little child cannot distinguish good ——————– evil.
2. Death does not distinguish —————— the rich and the poor.
3. Dr Richards is distinguished ———————— his selfless service to humanity.
4. On account of his advanced age he was disqualified ——————— competing.
5. He was discharged because there was no proof ——————– him.
6. Brass consists ——————– copper and zinc.
7. His parents are very worried ———————- his safety.
8. He parted ——————- his family and belongings and went on a pilgrimage.
9. I am convinced that he is acting ——————— compulsion.
10. The patient is now free ———————- danger.
11. This peculiar custom prevails ———————- the Hindus.
12. She was angry ——————— him ——————– lying to her.
a) With, for
b) For, with
c) In, for
d) For, on
13. We should provide ———————- damage by fire and natural calamities by insuring our goods.
14. Many Hindi plays are adapted ——————– English.
15. The police is entrusted ———————- the enforcement of law and order.
12. With, for