March 17th, 2016 in English Learning
Sentences are given in the direct speech. Change them into the indirect speech.
1. ‘Where do you live?’ asked the stranger.
2. The policeman said to us, ‘Where are you going?’
3. The master said to the boy, ‘Go away.’
4. The mother said to the daughter, ‘Wait here till I return.’
5. ‘Call the first witness,’ said the judge.
6. He said, ‘Be quiet and listen to my words.’
7. He said to me, ‘I have often told you not to play with fire.’
8. ‘What do you want?’ he said to her.
9. He asked, ‘When do you intend to give me my money back?’
10. The boy said, ‘I can’t lift this box.’
1. The stranger asked where I lived.
2. The policeman asked us where we were going.
3. The master told the boy to go away.
4. The mother told the daughter to wait there till she returned.
5. The judge ordered them to call the first witness.
6. He urged them to be quiet and to listen to his words.
7. He reminded me that he had often told me not to play with fire.
8. He asked her what she wanted.
9. He asked when I intended to give him his money back.
10. The boy said that he couldn’t lift that box.