Active and passive voice: worksheet
February 25th, 2011 in English Teaching
Change the following sentences into passive voice.
1. I know him.
2. His conduct will surprise you.
3. His failure disgusted his parents.
4. One must endure what one cannot cure.
5. They say that honesty is the best policy.
6. He had to pay the fine.
7. What does this box contain?
8. I want you to do this.
9. I expect you to help her.
10. Women like men to adore them.
11. One should help the poor.
12. The farmer grows vegetables.
1. He is known to me.
2. You will be surprised at his conduct.
3. His parents were disgusted at his failure.
4. What cannot be cured must be endured.
5. It is said that honesty is the best policy.
6. The fine had to be paid by him.
7. What is contained in this box?
8. I want this to be done by you.
9. I expect her to be helped by you.
10. Women like to be adored by men.
11. The poor should be helped.
12. Vegetables are grown by the farmer.